Building a new home? Working on a home improvement project? Either way, a major aspect of your project is going to be door installation and/or reinstallation. There’s a lot you need to know before your making a decision on your doors.
The Epoch Times offers some advice in a recent article titled “Choosing a Front Door: What You Need To Know.” This article addresses solid wood, steel, and fiberglass doors. In terms of solid wood doors, the author writes, “Consider these benefits and drawbacks if you’re thinking of purchasing a wood door for your front entrance:
- Solid wood doors are a good choice for homeowners who are looking to upgrade their home before selling, for wood doors offer a high-end look, especially when they’re stained properly.
- Minor nicks and scrapes can be easily repaired, which will ensure the door looks brand new for years to come.
- Over time, the wood tends to warp and twist, which will result in repair and maintenance fees.
- Wood exterior doors need to be refinished from time to time due to exposure to the elements.
- The front door must be sealed properly to reduce swelling and warping, especially in a humid environment.”
Homeowners also need to consider what can happen when door projects go bad. For example, consider this recent article on the Telegraph titled “Alton Housing files suit over faulty doors.” Sanford Schmidt of the Telegraph writes, “The issue of the faulty doors came up at a January meeting of the authority, but Jun claimed no responsibility for the mistake. The cost of the door project was $194,000. The suit claims that the construction may not make a claim of unsuitability of material unless the claim is made in writing to the architect prior to starting the work. The suit also said Jun guaranteed all the equipment, apparatus, materials and workmanship and to replace all defective parts.”
When it comes to door installations, your best bet in the Northwest is Platinum Exteriors NW. We have a friendly and knowledgeable staff who will show you endless architectural options and ideas that will help in selecting the ideal door for you. Each one of our door installations includes a complete weatherproofing system, which integrates a membrane flashing, sealant, foam insulation, and proper spacing fill to protect your new door system from water and air — and to maintain the highest energy-efficient rating. You can be sure that we are committed to providing our clients with premium grade materials, skilled craftsmanship, and excellent customer service, with extra attention to detail for all of our projects. Furthermore, Platinum Exteriors and its door manufacturers offer sustainable building solutions that are environmentally friendly.
Whatever door installation needs you might have, your best bet is Platinum Exteriors NW!